If you ask my realtors if staging works, they will tell you that homes staged by Aeria Design sell. Home staging is simply taking the personal out of your home and turning it into something that buyers can see themselves living in. I would like to highlight the top five things buyers must do in order to show better than competition.
1. Neutralize your home. Remove personal family photos, trinkets from vacation, art projects from your kids. Replace family photos with pretty greeting cards or inexpensive art.
2. De-clutter your home. I like to tell my clients that I am only giving you a jump start on your packing. Go through every closet and book shelf. Be realistic about what stays and what goes.
3. Update the paint. Pick neutral colors and go for it! Be sure to touch up any trim work while you are at it.
4. Be smart about furniture. When selling your house never be afraid of empty spaces. Placing furniture in a small group in order to highlight the fireplace, versus around the television.
5. Clean houses sell. It is by far the single most important (and free!) update to your house. Clean every inch of the house, top to bottom and keep it that way. Buyers can tell the difference between a house that was just cleaned and a house that is always clean.
Be sure to check back regularly for more tips!